Anti-coagulant rodenticide (rat poison) used to control rodents in your yard, neighborhood or community can expose your pets and local wildlife to this deadly poison. They are at risk of sickness and death through secondary poisoning. WATCH THE VIDEO
Secured bait boxes are used to poison rodents (rats, mice, squirrels or gophers). When a rodent eats poisoned bait it generally leaves the box and dies slowly from internal bleeding (the poison takes 7 – 10 days to take effect). A toxic rodent is weakened by the poison and moves slowly.
Any larger animal – whether wild or domestic – that eats a toxic rodent is at risk of being poisoned. In this way the poison moves up the food chain putting carnivores (dogs, cats, mountain lions, bobcats, coyotes and hawks) at risk of secondary poisoning.